Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Derbyshire

Ok, so I'm in Derbyshire staying in a room full of photos of Pierce Brosnan (?? Nope I don't get it either.) and I've just sat in the bar for an hour to finish chapter 19. Quid Pro quo only 2 chapters left to write! Anyway, this very drunk man just asked what I was doing, so I told him. Then I told him again, then I told him for a third time all the while my scentence being only half written. In the end, he went away probably having established that even if he could remember the name of the book in the morning, it was probably far too long for him to read. I came to the inevitable conclusion that alcohol turns people into children. I will not accept repeatedly telling my daughter the same thing so why should have to do it to someone I don't even know! Still, maybe if he does remember the conversation he may actually buy the book and enjoy it. Sadly I doubt it. Who gets that drunk on a work night? Ah well, into every life must fall inebriated muppets. Glad I could just walk away. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment